Saturday, April 11, 2009

My first nano experience


Though Honda City is my most favourite car, but it happened just like that. I was walking through lalbagh road in Bangalore along with rahul sagar & gaurav gupta. We were looking for bikes in Honda/Yamaha showrooms. We suddenly saw a lot of hustle and bustle nearby Tata show room. So we went inside the showroom to have a look on people’s car, Indian innovation ‘NANO’. There was just one top-end model and people were coming in to have an idea about this miracle. This has shattered all western media that Indian’s have developed a $2000 car. Not able to understand Indian brain they are pointing out about its safety, some pollution norms etc. But whatever I saw inside the showroom, it’s my feeling that this car is here to stay. Let me talk about my first hand experience about this car though I don’t know about driving a four wheeler (some time back I drove tractor a lot, don’t know how difficult is to drive a car). As most of us have read about its inner space and it is true to its words, despite nano it got lot of inner space to sit comfortably unlike folding your legs. From management’s perspective it’s an epitome of efficient cost cutting. I didn’t like the seats in first look but they were equally comfortable as other cars. Outer design is excellent; they have given lot of attention to ergonomics. I also took a chance to sit inside; my first feeling was like that I was touching everything to see that is it a plastic body or some cheap material. Even that button (door lock) was like kitchkida (some type of plastic in our local language). There were some children taking photos of this car as it is Rolls Royce and why not they were feeling proud to have a photo with nano and so me. After spending 15-20 minutes we came out. I was also feeling like, today I have achieved something, my day is very fruitful. I wish every body will get his/her dream car whether its a nano or city.

3 comments:

  1. badia hai bhai

    Nano mein ghum liya

    kitchkida

    bahut time baad suna

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey ya....i knw its a gd xperience......well thnx 4 gvn dese details bout NANO.......:)

    ReplyDelete